Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,I'm a 27 year old male in DC. For almost three months, I've had loose stool once a day. This started as a stomach virus or something that made me weak and notious for a few days, then went away. However, I ocassionally have discomfort in the upper-left hand side of my stomach and one loose stool a day. The funny thing is that after having my barrium enema with air (big relief, the results were fine, except evidence of colon irritation) my stools normalized for almost two weeks, then went back to soft. I took Imodium AD for the first time and it helped for almost a weak; this morning i'm back to loose stool.I've had several tests done, inclduing the BE with air, upper-gi xray of stomach, sonogram of abdomin, two different types of stool tests, rectal exam, 4 blood tests and urine sample; are were fine, except for the evidence of irritated colon from the BE w/air exam.What do you think this is? WHy did my stools normalize for almost two weeks then go back to soft?Thanks,Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ed. I have IBS-D and was "formally" diagnosed in October, but it had been going on longer than that. I find that sometimes the diarrhea comes in cycles. There are weeks that I have it every day, no matter what I eat or do to prevent it, then a week where I'm okay until the weekend. Yours may be in cycles--I would suggest keeping a log of everything you eat and looking for a pattern to see if something different set it off. Sounds like you had lots of testing done; did they diagnose you with anything yet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ed. I have IBS-D and was "formally" diagnosed in October, but it had been going on longer than that. I find that sometimes the diarrhea comes in cycles. There are weeks that I have it every day, no matter what I eat or do to prevent it, then a week where I'm okay until the weekend. Yours may be in cycles--I would suggest keeping a log of everything you eat and looking for a pattern to see if something different set it off. Sounds like you had lots of testing done; did they diagnose you with anything yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.