Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 7-10 days, I am having a weird "loose stomach" feeling. I do not have any violent diarrhea or even constipation and I still pass stool only once a day. However, I constantly have a mild feeling of not having defecated completely. I dont really have an urge to run to the toilet....but this loose/unsettled feeling in the tummy is very inconvenient. I tried not eating one full day, and it still persists. I did a lot of browsing on the internet about my symptoms but could not find much. I was wondering if there was anybody here with similar symptoms and if it indicated IBS. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Razz,It is possible that it "could" be IBS. But in order to know for sure you would have to see a dr. What other symptoms have you had in the past? Usually that feeling will bring on D or at the very least loose stools. Not sure of your history??????

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
7-10 days could still be a normal you got a bit of a bug or something kinda issue.Usually for IBS with the whole chronic thing they would wait until you had these symptoms for several months.Often after a GI bug anyone's colon can be a bit touchy for awhile, so that is why they don't diagnose IBS after a week.Hopefully this will pass and you'll be back to normal soon.K.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses.I do have a history of heartburn/acidity/GERD, but I had never experienced the above kind of symptoms. I mean I do experience bloating and have other gas issues from time to time...but this one was new. Even as I write this, I have a mild loose sensation in my butt/stomach area, the kind that tells you "you gotta go". But I know, I will not pass anything if I were to go to the toilet.One other thing is that my stool, though not watery , has been soft, flaky and bits-n-pieces kind for the last 2-3 years(Sorry for being graphic here).Not sure if all this is related.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Razz,My best advise to you is if the sx keep up or change make a drs appt. Try not to pay too much attention to it b/c they may cause you some anxiety and could be making you feel it more. As long as the feeling is not bringing on any bowel changes I would put it in the back of your mind for now. Keep us posted!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.