Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed the past few months after i have a BM I can't stop wiping and also after about an hour or 2 I will have to wipe more watery stool, as if it is leaking after have a BM. Had anyone else dealt with this before?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have had stool tests doctor said no need to test for infection because I didn't have diareah so tested for inflammation slightly elevated. Colonoscopy ruled out IBD but said I had internal hemmoroids and slight IBS

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Usually mixed really but more on the constipation side yes. I do have 1 every 2-3 days then sometimes everyday always different. I was thinking it was from the piles but not sure how to cure it. It's very embarrassing

·
Functional Nutrition Gut Health Coach
103 Posts
I can imagine that's very embarrassing. I asked about infection testing because I had a client with chronic hemorrhoids who had been to multiple doctors. We ran a GI MAP stool test and found that they had a previously unidentified H pylori infection. When they treated it, their constipation and hemorrhoids got dramatically better. Even I was surprised that a stomach infection could impact the entire digestive tract like this, but there you go.

Infections or overgrowths of various kinds of organisms can cause not just diarrhea, but also chronic constipation. I also often recommend SIBO testing, as high levels of methane gas can also slow down your digestion and cause constipation, which can lead to piles. Just some thoughts about what might help you find some answers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts