Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having problems for almost a year now. It started during very stressful time at work last year.I do not experience any pain for the most part. But I do experience bouts between constipation and diahrea, and having to run to bathroom just after meal (especially high carb ones).The most embarrassing thing is weird sounds that seed to be coming from my bowel area when I start to eat something. It seems to get worse if I eat a lot of carbohydrates. I tried a low carbohydrate diet, but it makes me lose a significant amount of weight that I cannot afford to lose. I've already eliminated all dairy products.I had colonoscopy few months ago and doctor said that I had a diverticuli as well as some internal hemroids. Since that visit, I have bouts of internal bleeding that is exhibited via jet black stools or diahrea. I'm not sure if it is from hemroids or diverticuli. The bleeding comes and goes.Not sure what to do. I was big health nut. Always exercising and working out, and now this.Would like to get my digestive system back in working order.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Having bouts of C and D sure does sound like IBS. There are some people that do not experience P (pain). It is good that you have had testing done. What would concern me, however, is the change in stool, as you mentioned, since the last visit. I can see having bright red in the stool because of the hemm, however, black is another story. I'm not familiar with having diverticuli, so I'm not sure if that's associated in some way. Have you talked to your doc about it? Sometimes it can take awhile to set up a diet that works well for you. I've had IBS for around 30 years or so, and I'm not even sure myself that I have any kind of food intolerance--there seems to be no pattern.
Good luck to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.