Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from oz in my thirties and female.Over nearly two weeks I started getting symotomsof gurgling in stomach burping regardles of having eaten.I didn't have much pain but it has slowly come into the equation and in a bad way.I had similiar symptoms three yrs ago.Was never officially diagnosed.went to doc past weds was given pariet for the burping and so called heartburn symp I did say I had but now its the least of my worries.My pain has gradually got worse since that weds.its maily on my left side near my tummy button.But last night in bed spread to beneath my ribs on and off lots of noise going on and pain in left hip and lower back.Then I had diarhorrea all afternoon well twice that hasn't relieved my symptoms of pain and noise and also i'm still belching.I couldn't sleep last night with all the pain.I get most of my gas in the morning and then by the end of the day I'm in agony.Passing gas or belching doesn't seem to help.And the pariet after just two doeses isn't helping.Had no other tests becuase the doc wants to see if pariet helps if anything my pain has worsened.I have had a period of big time stress a death of a pet in a tragic manner a job loss over thee months ago.Wisdom teeth removal and a traumatic second removal of a dead tooth.I have had to take alot of pain killers over the last yr.But its only been the last week and half probs have surfaced.WHAT could be wrong with me.I have started a diet as well.I need to lose a few kilos but I'm not obese or really fat I just need to trim down abit.Are these ibs symptoms.The thing is up until today I had normal bowel movements.I am in so . much distress, theres no help.I can't sleep now with it but a week ago I could.I just feel awful. My diet hasn't changed dramatically its just less food. HELP

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi I'll respond to you here. I'm sorry your post got overlooked. A lot of things seem to have been going on with the boards the last week
Don't think that nobody cares. It's hard to say if what you are experiencing is IBS or not. IBS can be caused by something like long term use of pain killers (although I believe it's NSAIDS, not all pain killers). Stress can also bother it although I don't know if it actually brings it on. Firstly google Rome II guidelines for IBS and see if that sounds at all like what you experience, secondly keep in touch with your doctor as they will need to run many tests to rule out everything else. An IBS diagnosis generally is a matter of excluding all else and when everything comes up clear it is said to be IBS. Your gallbladder could be causing some of these symptoms, it could be GERD (reflux) and IBS and they'll also want to rule out Chrone's Disease and Ulceritive Colitis with a colonscopy oh and coeliac disease but that will generally be one of the last things they do. Try to give the pericot (sorry is that what they gave you for the reflux) a chance. I take Nexium and it always takes at least a week to kick in, sometimes even a little longer. Do keep in touch with your doctor though and in the mean while try to eat things that are gentle on the belly like white toast/bread, white rice, plain crackers etc. If you want a break from the diarreah take some Immodium and that should help slow things down a bit. I hope you feel better soon and good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that, it really made me feel better somebody replied.I am alos getting sharp pains near my tummy button on and off and under my ribs.and a fair bit of acidy belching.I'm also worried that the pariet made me have diarrrohea but apparently the drug doesn't often cause this.I was thinking the gall bladder too but my doc hasn't even mentioned it.God I hope its not that either.I just want somebody to tell me I have a bug I can get rid of with some medication.I seriously don't want a colonoscopy either.I have hadan operation already this year and it sucked.I just would prefer to stay away from hospitals.Its so bizarethat as soon as I changed my drinking water these complaints arose.But then again its probably not the water as lets face it millions of people by bottled water every day and they have no probs.Anyway thanks for listening I am pretty worried.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Just a thought, another thing particularly if you go camping or drink tank water is to be checked for giardia and that can be fixed with a course of flagyl (which is no fun but if it helps worth it). They take a stool sample to check for that one and it's generally the first thing they check for. It won't have come from the bottled water I wouldn't imagine but if you've had any other sort of water close to the time maybe it was that?I have reflux and worry about the meds they dish out. All of them have diarreah listed as a side effect, I'm okay on the Nexium (not that it does much) but I know other people who can't take them at all. Under the ribs is a sign of gallbladder problems but before you panic I get major cramping and pains under the rib cage and have had my gallbladder checked (just an ultrasound) and it's fine. If you don't feel the doctor is listening to you find another one who will! There are a few out there who exist. I have managed to find one who's literally done everything he can to help me out. Sent me for every test and tried me on every medication available for IBS. If you find a good one then they should run all the tests and find out what's going on with you.In the meantime eat a bland diet like I said, try maybe some buscopan from the chemist (you don't need a prescription for it) and pop on a hot water bottle. Hang in there, it will get better, you just need to find a doctor who will help out a little. Colonoscopies are generally one of the last things they do. I finally had mine last year and I first saw a doctor for tummy pain at age 4! It's honestly nothing to worry about if and when the time comes though. I put mine off for over a year, in the end it was a year of worrying about something that was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. And I too am a hospital phobe! I get near one and start feeling sick! Hey, I just realised you're a fellow Aussie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i'm in oz.I live in brisbane.Wow theres so much tat could be wrong.I haven't dunk tank water.Its actually because in brisbane our water levels are really low close to level 3 restrictions.The water coming through tastes foul.Where do you live? My pain tonigt a travelled a bit to my hips left and right.I've had lower back pain but more toward the spine i have bad posture anyway.But it seems a bit odd.I have never had a good doc either.I'm too scared to take the pariet but doc wants me to.I dunno whether i should.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm in Canberra, it does seem a bit weird to me that all of this came on all of a sudden (but then I've had IBS my whole life so I don't know if it does that or not). I get lower back pain from my IBS too
I'd try the pariet. My doctor gave it to me to try as well as the Nexium. Like I said the Nexium doesn't give me diarreah and my doc said the Pariet is the least likely too next to Nexium so you'll most likely be fine (just choose a weekend or some time when you can stay home if you feel sick). I do think you need to find a new doctor though or go back to your current one, but he might not want to know until you try the pariet
Been there done that one-lol.There is heaps of things it could be. It's taken me years to finally get a diagnosis, but hang in there, you will feel better eventually (if it's IBS though it's more a case of good days and bad days
though).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.