Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI first time poster here....question. About a two months -- out of the blue -- my intestines started making the loudest and most strange noises. Sometimes it's a rumble and then other times a real liquidy gurgling sound. I get bloated at times, experience pain, and many times if I put my hand on my abdomen I can feel it moving up and down almost like a baby kicking. If I am bloated sometimes if I press on my lower abdomen the gurgling noise will happen I can feel movement in my bowels. People can hear these "stomach noises" from across the room which has become very embarrassing. It seems to be a problem whether I eat or not although sometimes a meal will help in the short term.I dont notice it when I am sleeping but when I get up out of bed in the morning everything starts.I dont have diarreah and I have one or two solid BM's a day.I do have Crohn's which has been fairly mild over the last few years, and I am not having my normal Crohn's type pain during this time.Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
hiI've got the rumbling intestinal noises also. Actually, I just saw my GI today about IBS. I've got UC (I've been doing very well with that) yet had still had severe gas. If the gas builds up I get the rumbling noises. Also, when I eat some types of food I get major rumbling. Periodically, for no apparent reason, I will have the rumble feeling without passing gas. My GI pretty much agreed the gas problem is coming from the IBS not the UC. He has prescribed me an antispasmatic. To me it possibly sounds like you may have some increased intestinal activity that is IBS, but I'm not well versed in crohn's.As far as being self-conscious at your office, I can empathize since I have experiened that in the past in college classrooms and work. I don't know if this suggestion will work, but I would bring sometype of knit-sweat jacket or coat to sit on. It helped me to insulate the noise. In addition, I was able to relax and not worry about the loud noises as much. If I were you, I would consult your GI about antispasmatic drugs. Or perhaps this is diet related if you have some types of food intolerances.

·
Registered
106 Posts
p.s. You may want to decrease consumption of things with caffeine, carbonation, sugar, lactose to see if that helps. Seems like these things can get those intestines moving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts