Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I have colon problems for three years now (namely mucus and shapeless soft stools, acid smell and undigested parts). Lately someone noticed it could be due to worms/parasites and this made me wonder if this could be the cause of my problems. I have made a picture of which you can see here if your not eating:

http://www.curezone.org/upload/Parasites/Forum_01/20150519_070912.jpg

Does anyone know if these are worms or parasites or just mucus? I just noticed I have a lot of other 'strings' in my stools.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I don't see any parasite there. Many parasites are microscopic and can't be seen with the naked eye. Others such as pinworms are visible. You can find some photos of pinworms on wikipedia to know how they look like.

Can your doc order an ova&parasite test?

·
Registered
568 Posts
The mucus I get often is usually clear or just "tinted" by stool. This pic on a hard surface to me makes it harder to tell. I suggest looking at it when in the toilet. It should somewhat clump together in the water. Usually when in water it is very easy to tell. Not to get overly graphic but also you can probe it with something once in the toilet... lifting it out with an object. If mucus (which it likely is) it will be like lifting mucus from the water.. not worms.

Still... from what I see.. comparing it to what I can see online as examples of parasites vs. what I see every few days myself... I'd lean towards mucus. Though still important to note.. for me.. when I get mucus I usually have very little, if any stool present at the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts