Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 18 male, I just found out I have IBS 3 weeks ago. And I get this Severe pain in my mid, lower abdominal. And most often some how the pain goes to my testicles. It's no little pain. I almost want to keel over and cry it hurts so bad. I get sweaty, nauseous I never throw up tho. this happens about 2-3 times a week.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Severe abdominal pain is pretty normal for IBS.Sometimes that pain can set off the vagus nerve which can make some people faint, but often people just feel like they are going to (sweaty or clammy and nausea or light headed). Lay down if you really start to feel light headed. Usually laying down will help block the reaction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dnt know if this is the right thread. but is thier common foods that will irritate more then others. i have stopped drinking- eating anything with lactose to see if that was it but its not. my doctor wasnt very helpful at all. unless stress can be the whole factor. because i stress allot. to where i can sleep

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
There usually aren't specific foods that cause pain (like allergic to one or two foods).However.If you find you have more pain after meals, then small, frequent, lower fat meals may be better than the large, heavy, fatty meals when you starved for as long as possible before eating. The longer you wait to eat and the larger and fattier the meal is the more active the colon will be when you eat.Some people find reducing gas volumes by reducing all bacteria food helps, not just pulling lactose out, but all carbs your colon bacteria feed on. Either an overall low carb diet, or one with only a few low gas producing carbs. Here is a sample of a low gas diethttp://www.endowsec.com/pated/edtgs12.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.