Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had IBS-D for years, and used to get loose stools every day. Recently it's been better, even sometimes going to C due to diet - and not eating much.For some reason today suddenly I had a really noisy stomach, then went to have D, been twice now. Very bad cramps - but they seem to be easing a little. Second time not as watery/loose. Taken one Imodium for now.I don't understand why it's just happened out of nowhere. I have started having one date a day with my porridge and raisins to help me stay regular. Maybe that was too loosening? Can it just suddenly occur?I'm emetophobic so I am scared it is a stomach bug. I'm sure I've actually had it before... but it's been such a while since I've had it, you know? So I can't rationally remember.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I have a theory--there is no proven fact behind it--that how we treat this condition often just dams things up until the biology behind the problem eventually breaks through that barrier. I have had a great 11 year run with my flavonoid supplement; but this year, urgency is occurring with more frequency. I expect whatever I am currently eating and drinking is creating more inflammation than the supplement can neutralize. I have given up nuts and almond butter to good effect in the past year; but I am afraid I may have to limit coffee, next.Mark

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a theory--there is no proven fact behind it--that how we treat this condition often just dams things up until the biology behind the problem eventually breaks through that barrier. I have had a great 11 year run with my flavonoid supplement; but this year, urgency is occurring with more frequency. I expect whatever I am currently eating and drinking is creating more inflammation than the supplement can neutralize. I have given up nuts and almond butter to good effect in the past year; but I am afraid I may have to limit coffee, next.Mark
What is this flavonoid supplement?I am really interested as I tried alot of things to make my tummy better but nothing worked sofar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
its devastating to me when i have a flair up and dont knwo why. or i eat something one tiem and it doesnt bother me, but the next time i eat it it does big time. i think it may have to do with ingredients that are hidden, or your emotional state at the time?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Don't forget physical stress.Have you been sleeping well. Does the heat or cold bother you, are you eating enough nutrition, are you getting the right amount of exercise, etc.Some physical stress you can control, but some, like the weather, you can't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.