Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the board and my symptoms seem so different from many. DO I have IBS? First of all, I don't have constant IBS or constant D or constant C. It alternates along with the shape/consistency/color of my bowel movements as well.I get really bad D at times (used to be a lot more often). An urgency to go and then tons of D and sometimes really bad pains in the intestines (?gas pains?)...sometimes I'm sweating and feel like my intestines might explode or I'm going to die. After I go, there is no pain!This usually happens after a holiday dinner. Sometimes after random meals. Used to be after I ate out. Often before my period I was C, then D once it started.I was constipated off and on- especially as a child- I used to cry during bowel movements and my sisters would try to help me by playing games with m e while I was trying. I notice when I am constipated, I then have VERY hard large stool which causes pain in my intestines. Sometimes I see blood on the tissue or streaking my stool ( have had two colonoscopies for the last four years ago and they didn't see anything each time). I had this three weeks ago and today- both after large hard movements.My IBS(?) not all the time, it's not the constant "ache" type pains others are describing...it's always been severe intestinal pain/twisting and then release at movement. Can large hard movements cause blood streaking on stool ( my gastro didn't seem concerned after coloonoscopies were clear).I am also wondering if some mucus that looks tinged with blood could be constipation related. Bright Red. I have had external hemmoroids in the past and the bleeding while having a movement was the reason I had the last colonoscopy that was clear.IS this IBS ? I'm 47. Thanks RIBS

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A lot of people have hard stools that can cause bleeding with a hemorrhoid. Bleeding with these is always bright red and often streaky.IBS is NOT Just constant ache, it acan come and go. Pain that goes away after a bowel movement is classic IBS pain.Alternating C and D is common with IBS as well. Some people have symptoms every day, some people do not. You do not need daily constant symptoms. Even people with daily symptoms tend to have more symptoms either in the morning or after meals, not the exact same level of pain each and every moment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that info. I am going to go back to the doctor for the blood I've had a couple of times. The encouraging thing is both times it's been really big, hard movements that caused blood. I don't drink much ( even get Kidney stones) and I've been dieting and sneaking CHEESE- constipation!. I know they will do another colonoscopy. I sometimes feel like a fool about this back and forth to the doc. I went because of blood, they've done the scopes-- it's been nothing. All is fine then I bleed and start the cycle again!I appreciate the help. I'm frightened and disgusted at the same time. Feel like a baby and a fool.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dont feel like a fool or a baby. I too ahve had a rough time lately with IBS and have had blood in the toilet. I have had tests upon tests only to come out that everything is fine but you still worry...i think thats normal!! Please know that you are not alone in this....i think sooner or later, we all go thru some really bad IBS flare ups and they cause all kinds of symptoms.....i would like to chat anytime..i am new to this website but very interested in talking to people about IBS and how to deal is the hardest part. Good luck with your test, if you have it again...and let me know what they say ok? Take care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.