Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not having c or d but my bm are very soft.When I feel the urge I have to go right then.If I am shopping and can not make it to the bathroom I will for sure have a accident. This has happened so many times. I walked this morning for 30 minutes. I feel the urge and was home in 10 minutes which was too late. Now I am so sick at my stomach. I don't see how the metumacil could help because I do have bowel movements. They are just really soft.Help.Linda

· Registered
31 Posts
This is similar to my symptoms, very loose BMs, not much warning. Did this come on all the sudden? Mine did and might be tied to bad food I ate about 6 weeks ago. I'm taking Metamucil as it helps absord the excess liquid and slows the transit time, so I'm told. My doctor highly recommended Metamucil to help return the stools to normal.

· Registered
34 Posts
Hi Linda,I have IBS with the exactly the same problem that u have:"I am not having c or d but my bm are very soft.When I feel the urge I have to go right then.If I am shopping and can not make it to the bathroom I will for sure have a accident. "Since may 2006 I was prescribed Cipralex (Lexapro in USA) for general anxiety disorder (it is an antidepressant). My doctor also said at that time that one of her patient IBS problems dissapear by taking that medication. My IBS improved 90 to 100% on that medication. I was always afraid to walk to by bus stop because of my urgencies. But now I don`t worry as much and I don`t have to run to the bathroom anyroom because my urgencies are almost gone. If I do have urgencie, it will be ones in a blue moom and it will be controlable. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.