Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to go back to hospital and get an ultrasound, i have been having bad pains in my leg and wrist joints.The wee small hours this morning (5am) i woke and was getting bad pins and needles in my legs and my left leg felt as if someone was taking a blow torch to it (dont laugh) ah go on then
so god knows whats going on with my body. One thing i do know is that when i snuff it i dont think medical science will want it. Has anyone else had this? any feed back will be appreciated, thanks

G

·
Jools - god bless you are having a bloody rough time of it - and you still retain a sense of humour - mind you, thats what get us all through it - can't say I've experienced this - awoke this morning with horrible back pain which felt like it'd go away if/when I farted good style - which it did but thats the trouble with this condition - you seem to address one problem when another pops up from nowhere. I do hope you sort this one out. When is your scan result due? Keep in touchSue

·
Registered
138 Posts
Joolie,Sorry you are having such a rough time. But its good that you can keep a sense of humour. I wish I could laugh more...LOL... sometimes thats what keeps us going. IBS is bad enough but with everything else that I have going on with my body I don't know weather to laugh or cry...LOL... Hope you feel better soon.

G

·
Yeah - thanks Jools, that was a wierd one I have had pain almost up by the shoulder which, again was relieved by burping. I'm just one huge sack of wind really!!!!Take careSue

·
Registered
28 Posts
I get back, shoulder, chest, and neck pain from gas or irritation of my digestive tract. My doc said that there are 2 major nerves running up your abdomen and over your shoulders (like you were wearing suspenders) and if anything upsets your digestive system, it sends pains to your shoulders and back. Too wierd, but I guess it doesn't scare my anymore since I know what it is!

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i feel like a big sack of lard sue
i have been brill the last 2 weeks had no ####, choc, fries, chips bugger all and have i lost anything? have i buggeree!
i never used to be a big lassie, i was always slim but this ibs has me beat.yes your right padrona my digestive system needs a total overhaul.

G

·
Cheers Pandora - thats interesting - I was imagining wierd little tumours nestling in my shoulder blades!! Sorry, have a wierd sense of humour - think its a requisite with IBS don't you!! Jools - I was a little 7 and a half stone stick in 1987 when I got married, now I'm optimistically under (just) 10 stone. My theory is once you get over 40 (and you may well not be!!) its either your figure or your face. Since, at best my face is like a newly dug up skull, its better for me to keep the weight on!!Thats my theory and I'm clinging to it!!Anyhoo men like something to cling onto (though I don't think my husband necessary embraces all the gas that goes with me these days!!).Sue

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
### the gas sue yes i think a lot of guys dont really mind a female having a wee bit of meat to cling on to.These "stick insects" whats that all about? that victoria beckham id love to take her to burger king and stash lots of burgers down her gob

G

·
Yep me too Jools - hey along those lines - did anyone (here anyway) see "Supersize Me" all about a bloke who lived off nothing but Maccie D's for a month - hideous stuff!!Sue

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Sue,Yep I saw it. Oh it was so disgusting at the start when he ate a hugh supersize meal and then threw up! It was interesting stuff though wasn't it? Although it made me think McDonalds must be bad for you, I actually craved McDonalds after watching it! Weird.

G

·
Hi farty - I'm not a Maccie D girl - its Chinese that I have a craving for - strangely enough it never seems to upset me - thank god!!Sue

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can't eat any fast foods. Pain is the usual outcome. Not to forget the visits after. I wake up every morning with joint pain....neck, back etc. This is due to arthritis mostly. I feel for you Joolie (jools).Hope everything gets better for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.