Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! This is my first post. I have been so frustrated, and then today, I came upon this site. I've been very ill for almost a year now, diagnosed with IBS-D, sometimes with medicine induced C. I've had every test done, and I even had my gallbladder removed. However, recently I've gotten much worse.
The pain is horrible. I can't even get to the one Community College class I'm taking. Before I got sick I was an RA at the University of Colorado and very busy and happy.
Now, I'm mostly house-bound, in pain, and scared to get sick with D if I do venture out. I'm on Lomotil and Levbid, plus a bunch of Chinese herbs. I'm so glad I found this site. It made me feel so much better. I'm also bi-polar and on Lithium, which may be contributing to my problems. It's all just so frustrating. My D is so unpredictable! I'm trying to stay positive, but I feel like I have no life left.
I look forward to reading this site and your posts. Thanks for listening.Jessie

·
Registered
188 Posts
Jessie,Just wanted to say hi. I think you'll learn alot here and on similar sites. Don't give up, things will get better. You just have to believe it.Alise

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome Jessie:
Great BB isn't it. I am new here also and have learned alot and feel the support. Keep up the reading and hopefully you will find what will work for you.glo

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI Jessie,This is a great board...it is nice to know that there are others who have the same feelings, symptoms, and concerns that I do...sometimes I started to wonder if I was alone in this "lifestyle". Hope this and ohter posts will help you...Kathy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the response. I feel better already just knowing there are people who understand. I'm embarking this weekend on a test sort of thing. I'm stoping all my meds for a few days to see how my body actually works on its own. I've been on meds for so long I don't know how my guts will be withont prescription help!
So wish me luck. I'm sure I'll be checking back at the first sign of yuckiness...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts