Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had the barium Enema today and it was easy az the worst part was not been able to eat for so long, they were so goood and the good news is they didnt find anything I have nothing but praise for the doctor and radiographer, so if anyone has any concerns at all dont cos its nothing, apart from feeling a bit weak afterwards, we went straight to the hot breadshop and I had a yummy cream donut, and felt even better after that, so thankgod thats out of the way.. cheers guys

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmm...I had a barium test where I had to drink two cups of the wretched thick white fluid. After a while I felt a bit like throwing up but I really didn't want to b.c then I'd have to do it again. But nobody stuck anything up my arse so lol...why am I posting here. shrug lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmm...I had a barium test where I had to drink two cups of the wretched thick white fluid. After a while I felt a bit like throwing up but I really didn't want to b.c then I'd have to do it again. But nobody stuck anything up my arse so lol...why am I posting here. shrug lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must admit when they put the tube in and the barium in it does feel a bit funny then they pump air into you and thats a wierd feeling too but not painful at all I didnt need to go to the toilet when they did that because I was well and truly cleaned out they said that I had the cleanest bowel they had seen in a long time..LOL (sorry to gross you) when I drank the white stuff I felt a bit sick but werent too bad, and so far since having it I'm enjoying having something to eat and chilling.. cheers guys

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I must admit when they put the tube in and the barium in it does feel a bit funny then they pump air into you and thats a wierd feeling too but not painful at all I didnt need to go to the toilet when they did that because I was well and truly cleaned out they said that I had the cleanest bowel they had seen in a long time..LOL (sorry to gross you) when I drank the white stuff I felt a bit sick but werent too bad, and so far since having it I'm enjoying having something to eat and chilling.. cheers guys

·
Registered
19 Posts
NZChickee, I have one scheduled for Thursday morning and I'm scared to death. I think I'm more scared of the results than the test itself. Can you tell me what symptoms you were having and how long did the test take? Thanks! Margg

·
Registered
19 Posts
NZChickee, I have one scheduled for Thursday morning and I'm scared to death. I think I'm more scared of the results than the test itself. Can you tell me what symptoms you were having and how long did the test take? Thanks! Margg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Colonoscopy is so much easier in my opinion...The prep for either test tho is the worst part for me....Seems like most of you are women...I've been living with this Syndrome for over 20 years and it sucks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Colonoscopy is so much easier in my opinion...The prep for either test tho is the worst part for me....Seems like most of you are women...I've been living with this Syndrome for over 20 years and it sucks...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.