Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...after multiple tests that returned normal The doctor told me i must have IBS.I have been sick on and off since Feb5, with cramps, occasional nausea, constipation.The cramps were both visceral in nature as well as dull and ongoing.When i did pass, it was thin small pieces.I know now that it is not IBS.It is a modified form of lactose intolerance.I say modified because lactose intolerance comes with diarrhea and not constipation normally.It took me twenty days to figure out that i had developed a form of LI at 49 years old.The tests i performed were CAT scan with contrast and colonoscopy.Both came back negative.My doctor did suspect diverticulitis.I had ruled out lactose intolerance because if the diarrhea which is always listed as a symptom.After a huge research, i found out that lactose intolerance can provoke constipation, and the symptoms are identical to IBS.if any of you are in doubt, simply stop intaking any products containing milk or dairy.Hope this episode helps someone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts