Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this board, but am glad I found it. I always had tummy troubles but this past year took an ugly turn. I now wake up running to the bathroom first thing in the morning. At the beginning of the school year I was referred to a gastroenterologist for the first time. Since then I have been taking Bentyl and Lomitil and doing my best to teach first grade and help my hubby with our 2-year-old. Now the Bentyl is giving me some nasty side effects and of course this happens while my doc is away. Thank God that I am on spring break right now,because I doubt I could teach this week. The on-call doc took me off the Bentyl, but ended up putting me back on after I was doubled over all weekend. Now I feel shaky from the Bentyl and still cannot go out and lead a normal life. It' all becoming a bit overwhelming and I am looking for any advice that can help me feel better physically and emotionally. It is depressing to have tell my daughter that I can't read to her because I am always sick. Please let me know if there is anyone out there with hints on how to juggle yuor life when your always in the bathroom or in pain.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hi ME,It is a hard life to have to deal with IBS. I remember when I was breast feeding my second child, having to nurse him in the bathroom while I was on the toilet. Pretty gross, huh? But you do what you can when you can. It isn't easy, but you will find a way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding nerfmom. My husband and I were thinking of having another child before IBS took control. Now I just feel gross and wonder if I will ever feel good enough to have a second baby. I can't imagine breastfeeding right now. As it is my daughter is starting potty training and with only one bathroom I'm not sure how to do handle that.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hi again,I got IBS after the birth of my first child. It didn't bother me too much when I was pregnant with the second, but came back after his birth. You have to understand that this was many years ago. My youngest son is now 37. I know what you mean about bathroom facilities. There is only the two of us now(my husband and myself), but with one bathroom, things can get kind of "dicey". At my husband's age (82), he can't wait too long to get into the bathroom either. It is sometimes comical.Get an extra potty chair for your little girl to keep outside the bathroom. It will come in handy. Try not to let IBS rule your life. Most of the people on this board are so much younger than I am.(I am 61) I would hate to see all of you go through your life like I have for the past 40 years. Live your years the best you can and think in a positive manner. I keep telling myself that there are worse things than IBS.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi ME Have you tried the Caclium Carbonate or Aspirin treatment yet ?cheerskevin
quote:Originally posted by MElena2:I am new to this board, but am glad I found it. I always had tummy troubles but this past year took an ugly turn. I now wake up running to the bathroom first thing in the morning. At the beginning of the school year I was referred to a gastroenterologist for the first time. Since then I have been taking Bentyl and Lomitil and doing my best to teach first grade and help my hubby with our 2-year-old. Now the Bentyl is giving me some nasty side effects and of course this happens while my doc is away. Thank God that I am on spring break right now,because I doubt I could teach this week. The on-call doc took me off the Bentyl, but ended up putting me back on after I was doubled over all weekend. Now I feel shaky from the Bentyl and still cannot go out and lead a normal life. It' all becoming a bit overwhelming and I am looking for any advice that can help me feel better physically and emotionally. It is depressing to have tell my daughter that I can't read to her because I am always sick. Please let me know if there is anyone out there with hints on how to juggle yuor life when your always in the bathroom or in pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.