Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like some others on the board, I have tried to offer suggestions that would help people, not harm them.Unfortunately, I feel that one person in particular literally hunts for my posts and then tries to make it out like I am intentionally trying to harm people. I don't like being targeted, nor do I feel that I should have to defend every suggestion or post with references.Most of you all have been very kind and helpful to me, and I hope that you think I have been the same way in return.I wish all of you health and wellness in the future.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Occasionally we are going to run into people who are (or think they are) "know-it-all's" and I think that the best way to handle them is to try to ignore them. At least you don't have to hear them literally! Drawing attention to them only fuels the fire. I know it's hard, but it seems like you really are helping people and it's a shame for you to just bow out because of a confrontation. You have proven yourself and the kind of person you are (caring) and I think most of us can read between the lines here. Think about staying with us, or maybe just hanging out with us and responding with e-mails. Or, change your name on the BB? Hope to see you back, e-mail me and let me know what you think.Sincerely,cher

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello Umleila...Please reconsider your decision!!! I've only recently joined this group & I'm also involved in two other support groups... IBS being only one of my health problems. Since I also deal with Post Polio Syndrome I'm in a support group for this also. And because I'm a disabled mother raising a 5 yr old son on my own, I am involved with a Disabled Parents support group. I bring this up only to point out that in all support groups, there will sometimes be personality clashes or differences of opinions on various topics. The purpose of a support group is just that... "support" ... And, since you do provide support to many here, refocus yourself & concentrate on this & not on those who disagree. Disagreement is really ok, & shouldn't further stress us, that's for sure. I've read many of your posts & often others have been uplifted by them, so please focus yourself in this area. Everyone will always have someone who disagrees with their viewpoint. Please try not to take it to heart too deeply, & stick it out here with those you find comraderie with ok? It pains me to see anyone hurt by such interactions between human beings. It is only human nature that this happens, however. My loving, caring thoughts to you as they are to everyone that posts here. I find the information beneficial in many ways, & always the decision to trust or distrust something is left to me & me alone... As it is with everyone here. I certainly hope you stay on....
mazzy

·
Registered
387 Posts
Umleila, please reconsider leaving. I know that you and .... have had some differences, but that's no reason to leave the board. We're all here because no one discipline has the answers we need. But that just means we need all the information we can get. I'm sorry you and .... seem to be at such odds with each other, but we need your input just as much as his. We all know that no one person has *all* the answers, and your advice is just as needed as anyone else's. Think about all the people you've helped, not about the conflicts between you and .... Its a terrible waste when we lose someone who is obviously caring and knowledgable and willing to share the knowledge they have with us for everyone's benefit. Can't we all just accept our differences and avoid all the personal conflicts, so we can focus on the information sharing and support that this board is supposed to be all about? I hope you'll rethink your decision and stay with us, I, for one, really appreciate having your perspective on these issues, and wish you wouldn't leave.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Um where do u think your goin? Not u too, people people If someone else says they are leavin I I I I will just do myself in yea thats what I will do, I will just do it right, Ill go eat at Taco Bell and KFC in the same night
Please spare me this pain and torture.------------------Peter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha!Oh God, Peter, just the thought of Taco Hell AND KFC is enough to send me runnin' you know where!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't let this Sh_t get to you, I feel you have given many of the people here alot to go by and things to try, and I would hate to see that stop happening. Please stick around. Besides, I think you know who might lay low for a while as he/she very well should. Hope to see you around again soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hehe...me too Cher! Seriously Um, don't leave. Everybody brings something to this board. It's ok to disagree.....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Umleila please don't go! I hope this doesn't have to do with the fact that I concurred with Flux with regards to the silver comment.We are all hear to exchange ideas, and yours are just as important as Flux'I know he can be a self righteous and obnoxious, but just ignore him! If you let people like that get to you, then they win. And this shouldnt be a game. This is a support board and we are have equaly valuable and valid points to make. Please think about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Umleila,Pekeluvr put it well. We can't always agree. Sometimes disagreements bring forth even more information. Don't leave.------------------Martha

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Umleila,I feel that we are all friends here; sharing and caring. I certainly wouldn't want to lose a special friend like you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm with everyone else Umleila. Your support on one of my posts was VERY ENCOURAGING and helped me. Even though I challenged Flux to comment on his own experiences with IBS (I don't even know if he has IBS), he ignored this even though he posted a message after my comment. I think most comments and suggestions that I have read deal with what people have tried and the results they have found. Research can be very biased depending on who is doing the funding, and reading one article or website is not usually sufficient to get the whole story. There will always be conflicting opinions - that is a fact of life. Presenting information as a suggestion is a good way for others to make their own judgments or conduct their own research. Pronouncements that this or that is wrong, doesn't exist or is a hoax can be shortsighted, and can be just as easily ignored as explored.[This message has been edited by DebbyV (edited 02-28-99).][This message has been edited by DebbyV (edited 02-28-99).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Umleiba, If I can still be here so can you, and Lisa and everyone. We are from all over the world with different backrounds and beliefs. I have very mild IBS and just like to see what suggestions are here. Don't let people hurt you.When we feel there has been an injustice, we become angry. That is a natural response. However, human nature directs us to continue to harbor the anger long after the event is over. Bitterness, discontent and negative thoughts pollute our minds, and life looks pretty bleak. Harboring angry, bitter thoughts soon creates a bitter lonely person. "But you don't understand what the other person did to me!" you say. The question is, What are you allowing this to continue to do to you? God tells us to forgive others as He forgave us. He held nothing back! As you forgive, an inner space fills you. As the hate is released, the tension eases, and a new joy is found again. The choice is yours. We are all here seeking ideas, some are also here for friendship. Some here might have questionable motives but just overlook them. The louder they speak the less you listen and for heavens sake never edit a post. LOL ( I am christian and God is the center of my life so if my posts mention Him I am only speaking for myself). I hope each day we learn to become a wiser, kinder, people. I am sorry if I hurt anyone. I will not post often cause I do not feel that I have much in common with many here but do like reading for new ideas on IBS. Take care umleiba.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lisa should read this and umleiba reply on thick skinned. Stick you toe in Lisa the water is fine unless you needed to leave these people who feel close to you for other reasons, maybe you just need a break????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Umleila,I must admit that ignoring someone unpleasant is the best option, although hard to do. It is okay to disagree. You speak from your personal experiences as others speak from theirs. No one can force anyone else to try their methods, nor should they try! We each make our own decisions. I have enjoyed you on this board...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh sure, Umleila, add some stress to our already stressful lives. If you truly love all of us and don't want to increase our susceptibility to pain, anquish and distress, then you will reconsider and get back here where you belong. Your opinions and, more importantly, your friendship is badly needed. We need you as much as you need us. Please don't leave us.------------------

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.