Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have truly landed with a bang into the IBS thing. As much as I tried not to worry about my colonoscopy tomorrow the fear still took over and caused constipation- well you know constipation but stuff was coming out eventually. For the last few days it has felt like I have had stool in me constantly and was going to the toliet about 8 times a day spending about 20 mins there each time. Lovely. Also was getting quite bad abdominal pain. Once again crazy stools. unformed, External hemaroids back again yesterday so was so painful, Then saw a new thing when they were light red gel like blobs on outside of stools. Could carrots from the night before have caused this in most of my stools yesterday? They were really light brown too. almost yellow sometimes. So today now Constipation seems to be gone?? Went first thing in the morning followed by 3 times afterwards and it all came out straight away- unformed and bits. It was also very dark brown but I had 2 glasses of red wine last night so that might be it...So I start my prep today at 12 Irish time. Can't wait for tomorrow to be over. I have been worried sick as you know from my previous post about it. I just sometimes feel that my bowel habits are totally crazy and something major must be wrong but at least when I come on here I can see I am definitely not the only one. Anyone any tips for prep for colonoscopy?

·
Registered
99 Posts
My prep seemed to take a while to work and I was worried that it wasn't working for me. But it did in the end and wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected. Colonoscopy was a breeze too. The only thing I'd suggest is that you are really careful with what you eat afterwards. I treated the colonoscopy as an opportunity to start with a clean(ish) slate and repopulate to gut with good bacteria.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My prep seemed to take a while to work and I was worried that it wasn't working for me. But it did in the end and wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected. Colonoscopy was a breeze too. The only thing I'd suggest is that you are really careful with what you eat afterwards. I treated the colonoscopy as an opportunity to start with a clean(ish) slate and repopulate to gut with good bacteria.
Thanks, I am hoping to do something similar. I would like to see it as a detox and a new start for my colon cos I haven't been eating very well lately. I am not too worried though about the prep working as the way I am going this morning it is like I have taken it already!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I had it done and it's piles and IBS. At least now I know. I had the cancer thing in my head and it is such a relief that isn't what it was. As happy as I am now I still am a little upset after the procedure. I had a central line put in and was told by nurses and then in the room by the doc that I wouldn't remember a thing and that I shouldn't feel much only slight pressure. Well Somehow the sedative must not have been strong enough, it did have some effect- I noticed my arms felt a little heavy but I was fully concious and was in fairly bad pain at two times during it when it was bending. I even asked him to stop it was so bad and he said sorry you have quite a narrow bend there. So then came out of room and the nurses couldn't believe I was so alert. I didn't sleep- was a bit wobbly on my feet for a bit but that was all!So basically I think I needed a much larger dose!But all in all I am thrilled I can now go and get married knowing that all is well. It is a big relief.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I had it done and it's piles and IBS. At least now I know. I had the cancer thing in my head and it is such a relief that isn't what it was. As happy as I am now I still am a little upset after the procedure. I had a central line put in and was told by nurses and then in the room by the doc that I wouldn't remember a thing and that I shouldn't feel much only slight pressure. Well Somehow the sedative must not have been strong enough, it did have some effect- I noticed my arms felt a little heavy but I was fully concious and was in fairly bad pain at two times during it when it was bending. I even asked him to stop it was so bad and he said sorry you have quite a narrow bend there. So then came out of room and the nurses couldn't believe I was so alert. I didn't sleep- was a bit wobbly on my feet for a bit but that was all!So basically I think I needed a much larger dose!But all in all I am thrilled I can now go and get married knowing that all is well. It is a big relief.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Great to hear about the results! I just went back and reread your initial thread and remember how worried you were. I bet now that you have official results, you'll see alot of the symptoms rapidly decreasing due to the stress level being down to almost nothing. Good luck on your wedding!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.