Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried this brat diet, and everything seemed to be going normal.This morning I had a light brown tubular stool come out, that was soft...but still perfectly fine. And that was two days after I'd taken only ONE anti-diarheal pill.Then tonight, I started getting bloated, and passing lots of gas. Finally when I went to the bathroom, it came out semi-soft...then full out soft. I haven't had tomatoes in about a week or more...not in sauce or anything. I had lettuce last sunday...shredded lettuce, but thats it for veggies.In my stool tonight I'd noticed there was, what appeared to be tomato skins. It was bright red and stringy. Other's kinda flat. The past 3 days, all I've had is bread, rice, crackers, and apple sauce. Before this brat diet....thats all I've had pretty much too. But tonight this bright red tomato skin looking things were peppered throughout my soft stool.I was wondering if maybe these things in it were month, or year old food collections that are just now coming off the wall of my intestine; since over the past 3 weeks I've had absolutely NOTHING greasy.Or something else got me scared. What if this red stuff was the inner lining of my intestine? I haven't had severe pains down there. The only pains I've had are from gas from time to time...or the aftershock from diarhea.Does it sound bad for me yet?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I don't think it sounds bad.I forget if you've had a colonoscopy or similar procedure yet?It's always best to get the opinion of a doctor.You might stay on the b.r.a.t. diet for the remainder of the week... thats my recommendation. and drink water. no juice/pop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, maybe I'm just over exaggerating though. It's just, that I have the biggest fear in the world when I have something thats hurting me like this...and I can't fix it. Today my intestines been killing me. It feels sore for some reason, whenever I bend over or sit, or even lay down. And while I'm sure that maybe half the pain is my own hypochodria...I'm not so sure about the other half.I had diarhea yesterday even after taking only ONE anti-diarhea pill (was supposed to take two, but didn't...). But then tonight, I sat on the toilet and it came out normal. It was small, and very short...all three of them. Like the length of a pointer finger and maybe double the thickness of one. It wasn't the best...but it was something.After I did it, the pains subsided a TINY TINY TINY bit. Maybe my hypochodria part lol...
anyways. My gut still hurts...and I don't know why.I was thinking that maybe I'm getting an ulcer in my intestine...but then I thought I'd be seeing blood, which I haven't been. So I don't know.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Just a note. Whenever I take immodium (even half a tablet) it gives me shocking cramps in the tummy. I too suffer from pain a lot. Well most of the time really. Even if I'm not having any D or C I'm still in pain all the time. It's awful. And despite what the guidelines say about feeling better after going to the toilet I more often feel worse than better. Just know that you are not alone. Also don't follow the brat diet for too long as you'll end up making yourself ill. It's only meant to be followed for a couple of days at the most, then you should start adding some other easily digestable foods into your diet and if it's not really helping there's probably not much point. Hope you feel better soon. Feeling sick is dreadful

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.