Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,For those interested my CBC (complete blood count) came back normal & my HIV came back negative!!!!! I broke down with relief at the doctor's surgery. I thank god for a second lease in life & will take this opportunity to be a much better person than before. My abdominal pain & diarrhea (which I've been sufferring from for the last 2 months) remain & my doctor suspect it's due to the enormous acute stress accummulated over the past 3 months. She's asked me to see her again after 10 days should the symptoms persists. Her parting words were "You may have triggered an irritable bowel".I wonder if this could be the start of IBS for me? At my age (I'm 39) & sex (male) probably not but who knows?To all those who read my message last week & those who left kind & comforting messages for me especially; Jeanne D, eric, Fille, Spliff, *Luna*, keystar, Auroraheart, angelm0m1, trots, Stace, Marier & Tattoo; THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. Your words meant a lot to me. Let's all appreciate everything we have. The grass is greener on our side NOT the other side.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Woo HOo! I'm so pleased for you! I was wondering when you were getting the results! NOt so good about the Irritable Bowel though. But at least you won't die from it!

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Woo HOo! I'm so pleased for you! I was wondering when you were getting the results! NOt so good about the Irritable Bowel though. But at least you won't die from it!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Highlyanxious,I've been reading of your anxiety, but not had the time to respond. But I am very releived your test came back negative. I think you'll find that having these results will greaty improve the health of your digestive tract.Please, please, please, the next time you get together with a girlfriend (ex or otherwise), use a condom and you'll save yourself the anxiety and pain.Congratulations!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Highlyanxious,I've been reading of your anxiety, but not had the time to respond. But I am very releived your test came back negative. I think you'll find that having these results will greaty improve the health of your digestive tract.Please, please, please, the next time you get together with a girlfriend (ex or otherwise), use a condom and you'll save yourself the anxiety and pain.Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Ack! I just posted on your other thread about wanting to know your results, and then I saw this one! I thought it was today for some reason that you would know.I am SO glad that the results were negative for you.
Have you thought about counselling others who will go through the same thing in the future? I still think you would be very good at it.Again...so glad you are negative.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Ack! I just posted on your other thread about wanting to know your results, and then I saw this one! I thought it was today for some reason that you would know.I am SO glad that the results were negative for you.
Have you thought about counselling others who will go through the same thing in the future? I still think you would be very good at it.Again...so glad you are negative.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am SO happy to hear this, Highlyanxious! I was hoping to see a message from you when I got up and opened the BBS index this morning.I'm thinking that you can probably use something very noninvasive, like hypnotherapy tapes, to regain your intestinal fortitude. Here's a big pink bubble of healing energy heading your way...!Thanks for keeping us informed. I was worried about you.Love,Lydia

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am SO happy to hear this, Highlyanxious! I was hoping to see a message from you when I got up and opened the BBS index this morning.I'm thinking that you can probably use something very noninvasive, like hypnotherapy tapes, to regain your intestinal fortitude. Here's a big pink bubble of healing energy heading your way...!Thanks for keeping us informed. I was worried about you.Love,Lydia

·
Registered
517 Posts
Glad to hear the news and that you will use this opportunity to become a better person. Before I was given a minor diagnosis (adenomyosis and IBS), I had vowed to make my life and that of my loved ones a better place to be. I no longer see my work as a priority but more as a means to improve my family's quality of life. I spend more time with my children and enjoy every second of the day to its fullest. I also decided to focus on my family's spirituality...Good luck with your "new life"!Nat

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.