Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so here is what I see:It is Saturday afternoon and I leave for the beach on Monday morning. Sounds good right?I'M SCARED!!!!My husband is not going (he is my anchor), just me, my son and my mom. We are meeting RELATIVES down there!I know I need to keep a positive outlook (thanks for the re-enforcement Tom). I'm taking pictures of happy times, feel good kinds of books and (hopefully) a smile.HELP! Any other advice?

·
Registered
54 Posts
The beach could be a good thing. We have a house at the beach that we go to most every weekend in the spring and summer. We are here now. My most difficult decision is front porch or back porch. Depending where the breeze is. I relax my best here. Of course, our boat has a cabin that has a usable john for MOM!!!!! My husband is my anchor also, but my children are also understanding and accommodating. When I left to walk this AM, as usual, I carried my phone and put eveyone on call in case I needed them to come get me.This IBS is NOT going to keep me housebound.Enjoy the beach!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well southernbunny, knowing you as well as I do
I can tell you have a great sense of humor. USE IT!!!! I know it's tough but as my son's favorite book says "everybody poops" Some just more than others. Once you're there you probably won't have to worry so much since I'm sure even your relatives have a bathroom. My problem is always in the getting there. I find if we are going on a long drive it's best to go at night so I can sleep while my dear hubby drives. I don't have attacks in my sleep. I don't know if that'll help you but I know you'll do great. Have a good time!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi SouthernBunny. Boy do I envy you. I would love to just sit and stare out at the water. I think it's the most relaxing thing in the world and I think it relaxes my stomach too. Have a great time and send some relaxing vibes to another "Bunny" far, far away!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thinking of you and gladly change places with you on monday! You will do fine. Try to relax and have a great time!!------------------Jodi (IBS-D)Confucious say "Man who stands on toilet high on pot"

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi SouthernBunnyI just wanted to wish you a good trip. I have 2 coming up soon, so I know how you're feeling. My thoughts are with you! Hopefully you can relax and enjoy yourself once you get there. All the best

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good luck SouthernBunny! Last weekend I went to the beach: it was a four hour trip and I was pretty nervous about the drive and then staying in a hotel for the night. It helped me to take the drive early in the morning and then not eat until we arrived and I was near a bathroom. But once we finally got to the ocean--sheer bliss! It made me realize how big the world is and how small my problems are in the grand scheme of things. I hope you have a great trip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.