Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about anyone else who has IBS-D but I am getting resentful and more depressed seeing that ad for Zelmorm at the top of page here, when i can't find relief from my symptoms, and ther is no new drug in sight.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hi, Puppygirl ~
It's ok... It's just an ad... It's probably the ads that keep this site running (financial-wise, partly maybe, I mean...)... i'm just so thankful that we have this site to come to, if/whenever there's nowhere else... And zelnorm doesn't work for everyone who has C, either (i have D, but occasionally got curious and read posts on the C subforum)... I am SO sorry that you're so frustrated
... I completely understand (like now it's some of those days that I'm so frustrated with and angry at myself...) ... Me too I'm new to this and i guess part of it is finding something that works for oneself (as each person's different) through trial and error... It's very frustrating if so far there's only errors... But there's a lot of stuff that we can still try and there's tons of things to read about in the medication forums and over the counter supplement forum and CPT/HT forum, etc. ... Don't give up! And hope you find something that works for you and feel better soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you Cherie.its not that i am new to the IBS thing. I have had it for atleast 15 years.... however of late I have hit the wall for coping. I can't take the limitations this imposes. It is such a huge quality of life issue. I cam't shop, vacation ( i love the beach but forget spending the day), go to family outings. I have no friends left. I am currently out of work because my anxiety has just spiraled out of control and I cry everyday. I have paid people who help me, but I often have to cancel appointments. I have been trying to get lotronex as I easily came up with 18 things I have tried to get my symptoms stable. Some things have helped but never enuf to stabilize my life. So I am hopeless feeling and maybe burned out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Puppygirl, don't give up. Try Linda's calcium and see if that helps. I am new to this diagnosis and the calcium has worked wonders for me. Check out Heather's IBS website as it is helpful. Prudy is a big help,too. These people have been through it all and have found things that have helped them and we can learn from their experience. I know how overwhelming it is and I take it one bite at a time, one day at a time. I read and reread the boards when I feel discouraged and find solace in everybody's experiences. Good luck, it has to get better. GadJett

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Puppygirl;I see you've tried a ton of things, so I'll just give you what I do, and you can say, been there, done that, or try it, or whatever, because I know it is frustrating. But, there is no way I would let myself not be able to spend the day at a beach!!!I take 60mg Cymbalta 1x a day, I take Librax as needed, and Imodium as needed, Ativan as needed.Here is my preventative for when I'm going to be going out for an outing or dinner out, etc.I get up in the am a little earlier than I normally would, so my stomach can do it's thing. And it always seems to know when I'm going somewhere, I swear!! After I've gone a few times, I take 2 Imodium, wait a bit, if I go again, I take 2 more. If there is any cramping involved, I take two of my Librax. Usually by this time I have it under control. Sometimes in the middle of the day, I may have to take another Imodium. I've been on several different antidepressants over the years with success, I find the Librax works better for me than the Bentyl. The only way I work with food triggers is that if the thing I eat makes me repeatedly flareup, that would be when I eliminate it.I hope something here helps, as I can hear your frustration. But, don't let "it" get you!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you, Jan,I am taking effexor and ativan, and lomotil Itake the first two for PTSD and depression. I am taking acacia, a fiber supp. two times a day. I try and do precautions when I go out but(even wear Depends daily. It is so tiresome always managing and planning, nothing can happen spontaneously. I want to go back to work but I don't know if I can do that. there will come at ime when I will have to do that. I apprciate your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts