Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS - D on and off for years. Tried it all. Last few months have been bad, no relief tried Levsbid, hated how it made me feel. I am petite and 40, so needed to start taking calcium anyway. Well, from the first day EVERYTHING has changed. I have had NO D at all, normal every time, even during my monthly cycle. I am taking citracal twice a day. No meds at all anymore. Thank you so much for posting this Linda. My life has changed, I am happy now!!! Lisa

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Idolan9292,Thank you for letting us know the calcium has helped you. Your experience is the same as mine. As soon as I started the calcium I had a change I could not believe. It has worked for 8 years now. I am glad to be able to have this board to post the good results as you can see many are having great success also.Linda

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Can you tell us what your symptoms were and how long it took to get some relief. How much are you taking and how often. This may help others to give it a try.Linda

·
Registered
43 Posts
Idolan929, I too have been taiking the calcium using Linda wonderful advice!! Linda for you: Some info: I am taking 2 calcium tablets every day, (caltrate 600 plus, purple) one in the morning and one after dinner. It does seem to help. I have been pleased with the results. If like me some others have bouts when they get anxious the good results may temporarily go away. But good luck to everyone, it is a blessing.Des

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Linda, my symptoms were terrible d, every morning. Made no difference what I ate. I kept a careful food journal. The Levsbid did not seem to work, plus it made me feel awful. I take Citracal twice a day, once with my coffee (YES COFFEE!) in the morning and then again around dinner time. I am so thrilled I can not tell you. I hope it continues to, and that others can benefit. Lisa

·
Registered
38 Posts
well they had a sample of some in the office and told me that that is what would help and asked if I would like a sample. I thought they were crazy so I said no. I think it was caltrate. I may be wrong though. I have an appointment on Monday I will ask again then.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
sharonka,If you or anyone wants the calcium in just send me an email and I will send it to you so you can be sure you are doing it right to get the best results.Linda

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.