Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm on my late 20s, and I don't see myself with anyone at this point.

I don't know if you will see this as a bad thing or like throwing the towel, but I don't see how I can be on a relationship with anyone that does not have this problem and probably does not comprehend it. I think it's even logic, it's hard to find someone anyways.

If you want to read more of my ibs history: http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/topic/163704-colon-growling-rumbling-borborygmi/

If anyone wants to know me, you can send a message (MP).

PD: By the way, I'm a man. I will try to connect once a month, so it might take some time to reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You live how you think is best suited to your needs :) Don't date if you don't feel like it. Especially physically. When you have IBS, it's so tricky to balance a love life at the same time, which is why I wasn't purposely looking for love anymore. I found love, living in a care home. One of the last places I'd expect to find a new lover. Then again, they do say you find love in the most unlikeliest of places. That's alright. Providing it's not in a dark alleyway, or a red light distinctive. Ha ha.

However, I still wasn't looking for love. Yet it found me anyway :) Better late than never.

Just because others are finding love, it doesn't mean you have to. I understand the amount of peer pressure on people in their twenties. And that's when people are at their most "ripe". I'm now 34,and I've still got job agencies running after me, trying to get me to join their work place. Being young isn't always all that, is it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My girlfriend of six months ended our relationship about a week ago, mainly due to my IBS and other related issues.

This is the third relationship I've had that has ended because of my illness.

I'm feeling very down about it now, and I have the exact same feeling as you. I think the only person I can have a successful relationship with is a woman who also has the same issue.

I feel pretty worthless and unloveable right now, and my manliness is disappearing rapidly, confidence is destroyed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm on my late 20s, and I don't see myself with anyone at this point.

I don't know if you will see this as a bad thing or like throwing the towel, but I don't see how I can be on a relationship with anyone that does not have this problem and probably does not comprehend it. I think it's even logic, it's hard to find someone anyways.

If you want to read more of my ibs history: Colon Growling, Rumbling, Borborygmi

If anyone wants to know me, you can send a message (MP).

PD: By the way, I'm a man. I will try to connect once a month, so it might take some time to reply.
I can understand how you feel I'm single and I have i b s and I never wanted to have kids or get into a serious relationship for that reason but you should never say never because there's a lot of people out there that are understanding and sympathetic and you just have to find the right person whether they have it or not so Never Say Never when it comes to relationships it's a choice that you have to make yourself that you feel comfortable for yourself I know a lot of the times when I go out with my best friend she's very understanding about my situation and yes we've been in tricky situations sometimes me and him with my bowels but we've managed he's a good friend to have and you'll meet people like that you just have to keep the faith you're still young

1 - 12 of 12 Posts