Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting sick in Dec w/vomiting and diarrhea I've had IBS-D since. I haven't had one normal stool since then and have lost over 20 pounds. Other than that, I feel fine. I'm tired of being afraid to go with anyone anywhere, afraid to be without a toilet, etc. So, I made an appt with my regular Dr. There is no gastroenterolist near me. I'm dead set against any invasive tests at this time. So, what should I ask him to test me for? I'm interested in leaky gut, blood tests for parasites,etc. I'll do stool tests, but don't have much faith in them because I know they are often false negatives. Any suggestions? My appt is tuesday 3/13.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi radarask him about colonoscopy. also, blood test and what he recommends .just tell him you think you have irritable bowel syndrome but want to double check. hope everything works out

·
Registered
613 Posts
Without having anything non evasive happen it will be harder to figure out whats wrong. Colonoscopy is the best thing to have done, but it isnt the most pleasant thing to go through.A test other then smaples that might be good that is non evasive is a barium xray, where you drink liquid and they take xrays as it goes through your intestines.When your at the doc dont leave until he/she gives you some kind of help, GP's are very quick to brush IBS off, as it involves much testing and can be very frustrating!Good luck!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Best wishes and hope everything turns out good for you..Do whatever your doctor recommends test wise.. that way he is able to rule what it may be..Just be wise.. tell him all the facts.. and don't let him blow you off.. Express your concern about it... tell him or her you can't live like this..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.