Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've changed my diet, no more raw veggies, no more dairy, no more red meat. I drink nothing but water. I stopped smoking cigarettes. I still feel like #### all the time. The D itself has slowed, for the most part. I've started taking Caltrate, but the Bentyl (20mg) my doctor gave me for the pain doesn't seem to help as much. I also started experiencing nausea, but no vomiting. I had both a colonoscopy and endoscopy done this month, they said "everything looks fine." I just started seeing a therapist to try to cope with my terrible "what if" anxiety. But lately I've been experiencing TERRIBLE gas and I feel like my gut is constantly making noises. I'm twenty years old and feel like my life is pretty much over. It's been such a battle. My boss at work doesn't understand why I feel like #### all the time. I just don't know what to do anymore .. I need some advice.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Everyone's colon always makes noises, and anxiety does seem to make people way more aware of them (do you hear every heart beat? it also makes noise all the time).Anyway, are you eating a lot of starch? Too much starch can increase the amount of gas in there which does seem to be a problem for some IBSers. You might try a probiotic bacteria supplement as well.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
First you need to take a look at everything you are taking over the counter and rx meds. Check side effects and most think taking a vitamin will perk you up but if you have stomach trouble vitamin a c e and magnesium in them will upset the stomach and cause diarrhea.Linda

·
Registered
312 Posts
you need red meat to help repair your damaged stomachhttp://www.biblelife.org/bowel.htmi know at the moment its hard to digest but you need it to repair your stomach that link will expalin a way that you can handle meat and fat easierwhen you cut the carbohydrates out of your diet fat and meat alot of the time no longer upsets your stomach at all

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Ziggy,how exactly does red meat repair somebodys stomach and bowel problems?I remember how sports people used to eat steak and such before a big sporting contest but that's a no no now because it can take something like 48 hours or more for it to fully pass through the system.If I had raging D and nausea the last thing I would feel like eating is red meat,maybe a little White meat when my appetite returned but certainly not red meat!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts