Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone else get cramps from it? I've tried taking it on a few seperate occasions. And each time I usually end up getting stomach cramps. The D does seem to slow down, but the cramping doesn't. I'll feel fine for part of a day, and then when I have to go and suddenly the appocalypse begins, and it's in my stomach. I usually go fairly normally, but it's a bit painfull before hand. I want to be positive about this calcium because it seems to be helping a lot of people, and I'll take any help I can get. I usually try to ease my way in with the calcium, taking half a pill at a time, though people here mention they're taking up to 3 of the 600mg pills a day. Anyways, just wanted to see if anyone had any similar reactions to it.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
You need to start with 1/2 tablet taken with food at least 4 or 5 hours apart. You do this for 3 days and if you need something for gas you can take simethicone until your body adjusts to the calcium. It does not usually take more than the 3 days.Linda

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried calcium,the first 1-2 weeks were great thought I had found my miracle cure...then it all went down hill from there, diarrohea was worse than ever, stopped taking calcium and went back to the "normal diarrohea"...anyway just wasnt for me...a bit of a downer really, I was very hopeful. have tried it again since with the same results...so definitely not for everyone.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Two Worlds,If I can help you sort out what might be the problem with the calcium let me know I would be glad to see if I can help.Email me if you like.1st Check any current meds even over the counter to see what the side effects are. See if it is okay to take calcium with them. Stop all over the counter stuff that you can and do not take vitamins.2nd Be sure you have the right form of calcium. Calcium carbonate with vitamin D for starters. Or you can use the calcium carbonate with Vitamin D and other minerals.3rd Take them with food at least 4 or 5 hours apart.4th If your worse time is in the morning instead of taking the one with dinner take it at bedtime with a small snack.Be sure to start with 1/2 tablet at each of your 3 daily meals for the first 3 days to adjust.Linda

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.