Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff was quoted today in the NY times at the Lotronex meeting with the FDA.In answer to Public Citizen, the Times said:"But some patients disagree. One, who will speak at the meeting today, is Jeffrey Roberts, who works in the brokerage industry and who has founded several self-help groups for patients. Mr. Roberts said, "We think the F.D.A. is learning that quality-of-life issues are very significant, rather than just curing an illness, and people are willing to accept some level of risk in order to have a better quality of life."The full article is at http://www.ibsgroup.org/other/NYTimesApr232002.html This was earlier in the day so there was later information. JeanG

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
You tell them Jeff!!!
BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
You tell them Jeff!!!
BQ

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
there should be a lot more info coming out. the times is a good source of info as denise has a background on the issues involved. it would help LAG I think if people wrote or called their local media if they put out bad info. What LAG did was done by people with IBS. It's my understanding that the vote at the meeting was a victory in this particular battle, but the 'war' is far from over.tom

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
there should be a lot more info coming out. the times is a good source of info as denise has a background on the issues involved. it would help LAG I think if people wrote or called their local media if they put out bad info. What LAG did was done by people with IBS. It's my understanding that the vote at the meeting was a victory in this particular battle, but the 'war' is far from over.tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.