Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read your thread and I am right there at the edge of the mountain and finally ready to do exactly what you do. When I go out I have that same attitude and I am usually okay. You are great and when you put it in to prospective. Why should we, IBS people, be worried to the point of insanity because we are so afraid of messing on ourselves in public. I went out to the market and thought RIGHT THERE at the cash register. rushed out with baby in hand and then slowed myself and said that if I **** on myself right now so what! It lifted off of me light a wave of relief. I was thinking that I may take something stronger than Librax but I feel it is good enough and that maybe I should work on not caring.Maybe I am too vain. my package looks pretty good. Most think that I am a model but if they really knew how I feel all of the time they would not believe it!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To the top for JimGym....------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks Luli and Bettie, No drug can take away fear. IT can put you in a better place to deal with it but it cannot REMOVE it..only YOU can do that..and to be honest with you, I got to the point that I dont give a flying F***. I go to the gym, take long car drives from NYC to south Fla and if I get an attack of D I pull over and let my body do what it must but I WILL NOT STOP MY LIFE, you know. So I have to poop..SO WHAT? GET OVER IT. So I have gas and some pain. BIG DEAL! SO I cant go at all. Yeah Well, thats life! I take my acidolphilus, herbs, vitamins, soothing teas and my relaxation and anxiety tapes <am STILL waiting for Mikes IBS tapes from England>.I have educated myself about this and every time I get a pain or cramp or tightness I wont fall apart or think bad thoughts. It doesnt change the pain and usually makes it WORSE! Thanks for your note here..it is much appreciated.. Jim------------------OF all the Divine qualities, the GREATEST of those is COMPASSION and TRIUMPH of the human spirit!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is exactly the attitude I've tried to adopt, but I lead a very active life with a very social oriented husband and two very busy children. I often feel like a burden to them, "Mommy doesn't feel well" has been heard too often. They are very understanding, but until someone has walked a mile in your shoes(or ----in them as the case may be)they never really understand. But I continue to pick myself up, brush myself off, and start all over again! Just look at the big picture-things could always be sooo much worse than a fixation with poop. Wishing us all serenity NOW!!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Jim, the tapes are on the way for you sorry for the delay. I feel for ya buddy and I hope these help you. It has been trial an error for me for thirty some years and I know what you mean, although I don't have the severe D, so I can imagine that being pretty damn hard to deal with and you have to keep your sanity. I will stay in touch with you and you can always email me. I hope the future is brighter for all of us,hang in there.[This message has been edited by eric (edited 01-06-2000).]

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up again. I have posted on this topic before, but it seems that someone invariable says "well, you must not have IBS as bad as I do..."Bad is relative. As said above, I, too lead a very active life between my own full-time job, lots of volunteer work, two kids in all sorts of activities, and so I have to poop a lot, or tailor my eating habits, or be late for work some mornings because I can't get away from the toilet in time. But I HAVE to live with this regardless. So why let IT cramp "my style" or control me? Uh huh, not me. Life is too short.Sure, my kids hear the "I don't feel too well" line, too. And just last week I took them out to the mall and ate Mexican food. I shouldsn't have eaten it, but I did. And I paid for it. As we are walking down the mall, I told the kids to park it on a bench and I ran to the bathroom (three times in about 15 minutes). Finally, my oldest looked at me with a very serious look and said "Maybe you shouldn't eat Mexican food in the future, Mom." Smart kid! Just think what they are learning. Tolerance. Patience, understanding. Compassion. Yeah, I wish I didn't have to inconvenience them, too, but this isn't just about me. I got IT, I live with IT.Ok, I'm off my soapbox, now. Thanks for listening....------------------"Society honors its living conformists and its dead troublemakers." (Mignon McLaughlin)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.