Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has been dealing with IBS-D since he was a senior in HS. We ended up having to pull him out of regular school (they were horrible -had no understanding of the problem at ALL) we switched schools and we did get him graduated. He is terrified of going to school due to the tramatic experience of his HS. He lost a job because he was accused of sleeping on the job and running to the restroom to do it. They didn't understand he couldn't wait until break time. He had been there several years. Any suggestions on job fields that are more forgiving? Any insight would be great. Why do employers have such an issue with going to the restroom? I believe IBS should be like every other situation. Employers should be mandated to supply facilities and time to go and not hover over employees and embarass them! I wish there was a active IBS group that we could tap into for job opportunities. Any thoughts or advise would be greatly apreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.