Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
joejoe,Glad to hear from you once again. The Sam's Club brand (Member's Mark, Pharmaceutical Grade with Vitamin D and Minerals is exactly the same as Caltrate Plus 600 Brand except it contains 500 mg of calcium carbonate instead of 600 mg. This is what I use most and I can get 300 tablets for $8.99 at Sam's club. If you shop there as you mentioned you should get that brand. (Member's Mark or sometimes they have YourLife Brand it is the same thing. I started taking 1 with each meal. Way back then I tried to watch everything I was eating to ward off an attack. Today I eat any thing I want with not much of a problem. If I eat too much onions or tomato sauce this will sometimes cause some stomach acid which I take mylanta and all better. I don't know if you take any other meds but you need to check the side effects if you do. Also I know you have had the problem for some time and can not get the calcium to work for you but I think you should do the 3 times a day routine for a while until you feel better and the try to cut back. Hope this helps.LindaI take no other meds and I used to take most of the things mentioned on this and other boards. It has changed my life. Good Luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Linda,Thanks for your encouraging words and specific response.I think one of my problems is that I have continued to eat and drink whatever I want in whatever amounts. I feel that the time has come to be more moderate, but don't want to give up normal social eating and drinking (occasional fried food, cocktail, wine or beer, pizza, etc.)I have been on the Caltrate 3 a day for a week and have felt better. Last night I had pizza, 2 Zimas and a Budweiser (over 3-4 hours) and felt fine this AM. I know , though, that this is far too early to have a true sense of how things are going, because the darned gut has always been like a false friend, luring me on and then betraying me again. I, like a sucker keep coming back for more!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joejoe,I am glad you finally went to the Caltrate. I pretty much eat what I want and have no problems since taking the calcium. I do not drink at all so that may be some what of a problem at times for you. Hope you get to feeling better and please let me know how you do.Linda

1 - 3 of 3 Posts