Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Since my doctor wouldn't give me a letter, I submitted my on for a medical exemption. I didn't hear from the court so I called in and they had denied my request since it wasn't from a doctor. However, I found out about our restroom access law that was passed in 2007. I believe several states now have this law. I found a form(at the state of Washington's web site) you can have your doctor sign to allow you access to an employee's rest room if a retail store doesn't have a public facility. My doctor signed this form for me, and I mentioned this to the court employee. She had me fax her a copy and they excused me from service. They wouldn't make it a permanent excemption without more information from my doctor, but they were very friendly and made it clear they didn't expect someone to serve who would being having severe discomfort. Thanks to all who responded to my original post, and thanks for this great web site that allows us to share our burdens, it definately helps.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Good to hear this Mike.Here: http://ibdcrohns.about.com/od/dailylife/a/...roomtactics.htmIt states that Ally's Law or the Restroom Access Law or Act is only passed in Illinois, Minesota, Texas and Washington State.It also states similiar legislation is pending in 8 other states. Course it doesn't say WHICH states.. unfortunately. I just spent near a half hour trying to find out which states have this kind of legislation..... to no avail. But it ids hopeful that this kind of law has been passed in at least the states listed. Probably only a matter of time before most states are on board with this.Thanks for letting us know Mike!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts