Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!Thanks to all those of you who have been so supportive and encouraging during this period of my 'flare up' or whatever it is I have had. Without you lot I would not have got through this and remained as in tact as I have. So thanks to all of you
I had more blood tests taken today, God, they took so much I wondered how much was left! Apparently they are testing the blood count, mineral levels and all the rest of it. I have to go and see my doctor a week today and talk through the results together.I am going to have a lower endoscopy, have no idea when, but I've been referred for it. I think that I will be able to cope with a 'lower' better than an 'upper'. The doctor continues to think that I have colitis as well as IBS.The doctor thought that I was more hydrated today, but he has signed me off work for another week (making three in all) and I would imagine, as long as things continue to improve, that I should be back at work next week. Mind you, on Thursday last week I thought that I had turned the corner, and then I had that 'flare up' on Friday. So, please keep your fingers crossed for me!
I do feel a little better, and I am walking normally now, and instead of pain in my gut I just feel sore and bloated. So much gas I could fill a hot air balloon!
Thanks to you all once again.Andy------------------ http://www.dustyspringfield.co.uk/

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Andy:I'm glad you're starting to feel better now. You were pretty miserable for a while. When are you having the rest of the tests done?JeanG

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jean and DebThanks for keeping your fingers crossed! I'm not sure when the endoscopy will be. I would imagine that the referral will take a few weeks to make its way through the medical system. I'm seeing my own GP next Monday, to go through the blood test results, so I'll see if he can give me some kind of idea as to the waiting time. Possibly a little while.What kind of things would this blood test show up then? I'm confused as to how a blood test could identify Colitis?Andy------------------ http://www.dustyspringfield.co.uk/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad your feeling better, Andy! I don't have any answers about your tests, but O'Malley and I are keeping you in our prayers.
Michelle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi O'Malley and Michelle
Thanks alot
you know what? I'm too scared to believe that this relief is going to last! I'm keeping everything crossed, but am finding that makes walking very dificult
Does anybody else find this?
Andy------------------ http://www.dustyspringfield.co.uk/

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Andy, I am glad that your getting some test done. The blood test won't show if you have colitis, but will show your blood count( white & red bllod cells) and afew other things also that the dr. is probaly looking at. There is meds. for colitis and if you caught it in time it might clear up but have flare ups when you eat things that don't agree with you. That's what has happened to me. I'm not taking anything for my colitis just treating my IBS. Did you ask the dr. about the paxil or BuSpar for your anxiety???? Your lower scope will tell the dr. if you have colitis.....it's not to bad of a test. The worest part is the laxative you have to take to clean you out. Keep in touch......Hugs to ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts