Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear people on the bb talk about taking immodium 1-2 a day. I take 6-8 immodium advanced almosteveryday and occasionally still have bowel movements. Usually once a week I give myself a day off to clean out. I am curious if anyone else takes this much?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The amount needed varies with how bad your IBS is (and this amount is not out of line with what some people take).Are you saying you take enough so you don't have BM's at all
except for your clean out day...because that may be too much.You want to find a dose that doesn't stop you up completely.K.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I took 3 Immodium on Saturday as our family went away on the spur of the moment for an overnight stay, talk about stress, it was supposes to be fun! I only had a bm this morning (Tuesday)., so relieved didn't care if it was D or not!
Each tablet is 2 mg, is this the same dose as others take?

·
Registered
482 Posts
i took 8 a day for 2 and a half years then i found out the foods that annoyed me now i take around 4 never more than 6 now... occasionally 8 for the very nasty attacks but they are rare now
i went everyday still even on 8immodium and mulitple times too not just the once!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Needhelp, I usually take the same amount as you sometimes even moreduring a day when it doesnt feel like it is stopping. I usually once a week give myself a day to clean as well. But I have been taking acidophilus (sp) and this has worked wonders. I have been taking it about 3-4 weeks now. I have seen a huge change. I still try to watch what I eat to make sure. Also I get that panic attack type thing too still, like if we are going to be on scene an extended period of time I freak out looking for restroom even if I dont need to go I fool myself into it. But the Acidophilus has helped tremendously. (You can usually get it at most health stores I get my from a place called shaklee online. if you want I can send you the link where I get it from (MODS if thats ok I dont sell it, its just where I get it from)Michael

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess my IBS is not as bad as many of you out there, I only have to take Immodium about twice a month and only if I'm traveling(eg flying, long car journeys) if I'm staying at home I just let it happen as I can run to the toilet as much as I want. Altough at the moment is really bad as my in-laws are visiting(for 2 months!)so very stressed and have had D every day for a month!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.