Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!� I'm new to the forum and have been taking Benefiber Powder for a couple of months for my IBS and find it works quite well.� However, recently while doing research on the product on the internet, I found out it contains 4.5% Caffeine, which was quite a shock, since I'm not allowed to have caffeine with another drug I'm taking because of the bad reaction it causes with this drug (Klonopin).� Has anyone else heard that Benefiber has caffeine in it?� I called Wyeth the manufacturer but they're not talking!� Benefiber contains a substance called Guarem (Guar Gum).� I hate to stop taking it but don't want to cause a bad drug interaction.� Anyone else have any info on this?�
� � Thanx,� Lida

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
From what I can see,1) Benefiber does not contain caffeine.The claim sounds spurious on its own. 4.5% caffeine by weight has to be a huge amount. So who is making this claim?2) Wyeth is not the manufacturer. It's Novartis.So how did you get to call them? And how is it they are not talking? They don't make it and could conceivably have never heard of it. They do make Fibercon, but it does not contain caffeine either.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Not only all of the above per Flux, who is right on this point; KLONOPIN may contribute to your constipation probs as an anti anxiety med even tho it is supposed to do the opposite. For some folk, anti anxiety meds may work for you and for some, against, as concerns C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts