Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. I am 25. I've been having these symptoms for five years. Bloating, I look like I'm about to give birth, diarrea, constipation, I wake up in the middle of the night to puke if I eat too close to bed time. I've been drinking at least one bottle of malox a week for five years. Sometimes I also have heartburn. Today was the third time I have been to the doctor about this. Finally, he is going to do a sonogram on my stomach. He said looks like IBS. It didn't sound too bad. I was fearing something more like I'll have to have some of my intestines removed! It hurts so bad sometimes I can't stand up. So I came home to get on the net and read about it. Its so upsetting to find out if this is truly what it is I will have to live with it for the rest of my life. I wonder about the range of severity. I would think I would be at the really bad end of the scale. HOPE it can't get much worse. Just hoping to hear from a few people who know more about it. Thanks! Nickie

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Nickie-I have had IBS for over 20 years and let me assure you that it doesnt always SUCK. It can be pretty depressing/distrsssing and a real drag BUT it does tend to wax and wane. This is a great place to come for support, information and comfort. Some of your symptoms sound like they could be acid/heartburn/GERD/upper GI type of problem. Glad you are seeing a dr about things
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Nickie-I have had IBS for over 20 years and let me assure you that it doesnt always SUCK. It can be pretty depressing/distrsssing and a real drag BUT it does tend to wax and wane. This is a great place to come for support, information and comfort. Some of your symptoms sound like they could be acid/heartburn/GERD/upper GI type of problem. Glad you are seeing a dr about things
Hope this helps

·
Registered
42 Posts
HI NickieI go to the Dr tomorrow to find out what is wrong with me. I think I have IBS..seems like I do.Didn't make it to work today..and 1/2 thru groceryshop had to make a pitt stop. oh well I say..have to find out and make changes in my life.I won't let whatever this is get to me.(I pray)take careDebbie

·
Registered
42 Posts
HI NickieI go to the Dr tomorrow to find out what is wrong with me. I think I have IBS..seems like I do.Didn't make it to work today..and 1/2 thru groceryshop had to make a pitt stop. oh well I say..have to find out and make changes in my life.I won't let whatever this is get to me.(I pray)take careDebbie

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi sassymoon - I like your outlook on what happens if you do have IBS. It's all about making the best of what were given. There are many ways to cope with IBS from diet, keeping stress down, medications and support from family/friends and people on boards like this one. Are you going to a GI or a regular doctor? Let us know how your doctors visit goes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi sassymoon - I like your outlook on what happens if you do have IBS. It's all about making the best of what were given. There are many ways to cope with IBS from diet, keeping stress down, medications and support from family/friends and people on boards like this one. Are you going to a GI or a regular doctor? Let us know how your doctors visit goes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Nickie - Welcome. I just wanted to let you know I have suffered just like you for a long time 12 years. It's just now that I am feeling myself again. Did your GI give you any medication? There is a search function on the top of the main page that you can type in key words that might be helpful in pulling posts on topics your interested in. Hang in there your not alone.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Nickie - Welcome. I just wanted to let you know I have suffered just like you for a long time 12 years. It's just now that I am feeling myself again. Did your GI give you any medication? There is a search function on the top of the main page that you can type in key words that might be helpful in pulling posts on topics your interested in. Hang in there your not alone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.