Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just me venting.Why oh why do i have this? Why does this seem to run my life? Why can't I get it under control? How is one supposed to live their life normaly with this? Why don't doctors know how to fix this? Why does it seem like I have to navigate this? And after 10 years, why can't I figure it out? Manage it? I feel like I'm still waiting to find what will fix it, whether it be a precription, a supplement, a way of eating, etc. And the damage this has done to me psychologically...having this thing which is so unpredictable, that will ruin your day when you don't even know why? How is one supposed to put up with this? And why, why, why do we have to? I dream of a time when I wake up in the morning and don't spend every waking hour thinking about what I can/cannot eat, where the toilet is, when I can use it, and wondering if I'll be bathroom-bound, or free to do the things I need to do that day.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Just wanted to pop in to say I know exactly how you feel. In fact, if you added tears and some poop in your robe, we could be the same person. I'm lucky that even though I had it as long as you, in my 10th year I finally started taking a supplement that actually returned me to normal, even though it took a full year plus to accomplish that. 11 years later and I am still recovered. Don't give up the search.Mark

·
Registered
197 Posts
Amen, I consider my IBS as good as it will get, by that I mean that I only have to take lopromide/immodium every 3 days and only have uncontrolable problems for 1 week a quarter. And to do that I only have to cut out fruit, veg, milk/ milk products, soups, non dairy chocolates or icecreams, no over the counter painkillers, processed foods, fizzy drinks, limit alcohol intake and types, only drink certain diluting drinks and watch the consistancy of my food is like not to mention take between 20-30 tablets a day not including any lopromide, etc. Aren't modern pharmaceutical products great?

·
Registered
722 Posts
So agree with you,had ibs for well over 20years its awful,i also have chronic fatigue syndrome.So its a living nightmare!!Have tried and tried everything there is between conventional and alternative medicines and therapies.Health food shops been there done that.Nothing helps.I have to live with it day in day out,but i try never to give up hope,just keep on going somehow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Boy do I ever understand especially the ibs ruiningyour whole day for me if it's the D I feel and do go all day or when I think I'm done I stand up andBANG I have to sit right back down ARG! And when I'm const. I feel as tho I am never done!! What is a normal life huh? I have no idea anymore!I really hope you hang in there we'll make it!!'. And it's funny how my family doesn't even comepletely believe me when I'm stuck for extended periods of time...They think I'm just being antisocial,avoiding themANYWAY GEEZ!!!! Do u have that prob too? Anyway like I said hang on don't give up I'm a good listenersooooo if u need to vent I will listenIf u need a friend who understands... Katee B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.