Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi EveryoneI am going off the Birth Control Pill...............for no reason but just feel like it is the right thing to do. I have really bad endometreosis and also IBS. Should I expect any changes in my body or even my IBS?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm going off the pill also, as of yesterday, in hopes of bringing my libido back up. I'm hoping it helps my IBS too (my dream-- normal sex drive and no IBS!!!!). I will keep you updated if mine starts to get better or changes. Have you gone off of it for good yet?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would like to hear results of going off the BC. I had my depo shot about a month ago. After doing some reading on it and talking to my hubby, he really wants me off. No libido at all. There are mild side effects as well. Don't want IBS D to get worse, though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have been off the pill for a month now...and I feel like I have more energy - and not so grumpy, as my lovely boyfriend put it! heheI have found that I had a bit of spotting and a much heavier period...but I THINK my IBS may have eased off a bit...may be a coincidence, but I'm grateful all the same.Will post back after a few more months and let you know...I think it may take your body awhile to get back to normal.Polly

·
Registered
145 Posts
When i went off the pill i found my ibs worsened, plus my periods became more frequent, heavy and painful. On the plus side all the weight i gained due to the pill dropped off in about 2 months. Imagine losing weight without even trying
I have considered going back on the pill in hopes of regulating my hormones and possiblity my gut motility as well... enh..it's a give and take....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.