Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I installed a bidet seat. It's the strangest but most wonderful experience I've had in a long time. I'm no authority on the subject but if you have IBS be it C or D it's something to consider strongly (IMO). The wife and I liked it so much that yesterday we ordered a second for the other bathroom. Really weird but wonderful at the same time. I'm no longer sitting on the pot but in a spa.

Got ours at Costco, the only one you can use as a regular seat when closed. Yes, you need 120 volts to make it work but we were upgrading the bathroom and had an outlet put in near the toilet. If you don't have 120 near the toilet use an extension cord,,,, It's that good! IMHO.
biggrin.png
smile.png
biggrin.png

Should have gotten one 20 years ago before I had IBS.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I completely agree!. I got a bidet attachment about two months ago. If I knew there were options available that were that cheap, I would have bought one when I started having serious ibs issues.

I bought a no-frills attachment, that doesn't use electricity--that water pressure makes it work. Installation was very easy--take off the toilet seat, put it in place, and put the toilet seat back on. Hooking up the water supply was also pretty easy and only required basic tools. These products sell for as little as $25 [or a little more for temperature control, rather than just using cold water supply, and/or a second spray aimed for the genital area].

Particularly for ibs-d, this makes a big difference. It may reduce problems with irritation from having to repeatedly use toilet paper.

If you don't want or can't afford to spend the money for a bidet toilet or even a bidet toilet seat, the attachments are a good option. Also, if you are renting a house or an apartment, it would be no big deal to remove the attachment and take it with you when you move out.

If you do have the money, there are bidets or washlets that have various features (i.e., an air dryer). But I am happy just to have the very basic bidet attachment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts