Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was diagnosed with IBS-C 12 years ago. It has progressively gotten worse year by year. I have tried several drugs, by only relief is Imodium. Sometimes it takes 5 or more to just get to work and to function at work. Anytime I'm going out to eat, traveling, or going to any public function, I take at least 4 Imodium ahead of time. My urgency is horrible. I have not made it to the bathroom several times and have had to pull the car over and go on the side of the road several times as well. Sorry for the "To much information", but a am looking for help. Is IBS something that qualifies for disability if you have to eat Imodium like M&M's to get through the work day? Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its about the same here in the UK too. I can't work because of my IBS but disability isn't an option either. Can't claim disability for a little known condition after all. Not to mention sometimes being able to function even at a very basic level doesn't work in your favour. IBS is a problem that can act up when it wants, for as long as it wants and that will always make people look down on us for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts