Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site, but I was online trying to get information for my husband. He has extremely severe IBS, and we're getting to the point where we don't know what to do. It's so bad that he cannot keep a regular job because he is sick for several hours every morning. The episodes can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 7 hours. My job does not offer spouse/family insurance, nor do I make enough money to buy it for him privately. Even if he were insured, however, I don't know what could be done since all medication is aimed at women. Many of our friends and family have advised us to try to get him on disability, but since IBS is such a nebulous condition, I know it's nearly impossible to get. We've experimented with different foods, beverages, homeopathic remedies, and exercise to counteract the symptoms, but nothing seems to help very much. Does anyone have any advice at all for us? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
WelcomeGo to the forum that seems to address his worst symptoms and start there. You can use the site navigator on the bottom right of every page to see ALL of our forums.

·
Registered
312 Posts
does your husband suffer from IBS-D? the D stands for diarrea if he does suffer from that type try reading what i posted at this link and scroll down to see ithttp://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=120705or does your husband suffer from IBS-C? thats constipation im not entirely sure how to handle constipation but i believe the above link would work decent too as long as you only ate a max of 2 oz cheese per day also here is another good linkhttp://www.biblelife.org/bowel.htmor does he suffer from both? anyways both these links should help
my IBS-D is cured now but the second i eat a starch like a potato then it comes back with a snap of the fingers but its soo easy to avoid starches i don't worry about it at all and i have lee way now when it comes to other foods like fiber

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.