Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Just Started Bentyl

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ken_johnson44@yahoo.com 
Hi,I have been taking Bentyl off and on since I was 20, Im 41 now.I have had stomach problems off and on for years, but much worse for about 7 months now.Every single time I ate anything at all, especially chicken, or meat, I would get the worse pain, and cramping in my stomach,diarreha, and way up high on my left side under my rib cage terrible pain, which seems to be common as I am reading everyones emails.(I just joined 5 minutes ago..)finally my doctor did blood tests, it showed I had the H-pylori bacteria, I went three 16 pills a day for two weeks, then I got difficil, closdridium, cause I killed all my bacteria even my good. I took Flagyl for 2 weeks, three days after I stopped my stomach pain is back on again hard!They want me to do more testd and gave me more Flagyl. I just got home from taking a colon test (horrified), and dr says I look ok, and mentioned IBS. It really affects your life, I have not been able to eat, or drink what I want for so long, and Im begginning to become really down. The Bentyl helps with the severe cramping I get but not always, and it does not help the diarreha, or the pain in the ribcage..I have seen people mention aloe vera, at this point im ready to try anything! Im so sick of being on antibiotics and still feeling so sick.Im sorry that you are all sick as well, but it feels good to know that I am not alone.I now have been a lacto ovo vegetarian, so Im eating healthy, and I dont drink hardly ever, Help I want to feel good..Thanks everyone!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.