Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started taking the magnesium citrate. Each capsule has 500 mg. I took two and I'll take the third later. How soon do you think I'm going to be moving and shaking to the potty? Will it help clean me out?I decided to start taking some digestive enzymes also because my new GI doc thinks that I have delayed gastric emptying, so I'm hoping that this will help move food through faster. Thank god I have nothing planned this weekend.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wow, 2 or 3 500mg tablets each? I started taking 3 a day (400mg total) this past week and may need to just take 2 (less than 300mg). I've been to the bathroom every day and 400mg total per day seems to make mine a bit too loose. The seem to kick in by 24 hours or less.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that's what my doc said to take, and that's what the bottle says to take, but I think I'm going to cut it down as my stools are very, very loose (thank goodness I have nowhere to go this weekend and nothing to do). But at least I'm going and I feel a bit better already in terms of having a bit more energy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.