Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday afternoon I was diagnosed with IBS-C, and given a script for Zelnorm. I took one pill right away, and then one hour to the minute after taking it I had diarrhea. Then Tuesday morning I took a pill, and about an hour later had a soft BM, but not diarrhea. Tuesday afternoon I took a pill, felt the need to go, but couldn't. Then this morning I took a pill and the same thing - felt the need to go but nothing. Isn't Zelnorm supposed to stop constipation? I have to get some blood work done in about an hour (fasting), so maybe after that I'll grab a cup of coffee and see if that helps. But I was wondering if I should be concerned about this at all? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad I found you. I was diagnosed with IBS on Friday and started on Zelnorm, stool softner and fiber tablets and not much has changed. Had one bm on Monday and now I am exaclty where I began, constipated, bloated, gassy and with a disended stomach. Help!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Fiber makes me all of those things, bloated, gassy, distended. I find that psyllium is the worst thing I can take. It is sometimes very bad for peple with IBS cnstipation. I stay away at all costs. Zelnorm and Miralax are both lifesavers for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.