Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ihave fought a few intestinal bugs this winter and have had some bouts with diahreah.However, over the past couple of weeks, I have had come changes occur in what is normal for me.Usually I have a movement every morning within half hour of getting up. Usually it is good form and size. Recently however, I have that original movement and then within the next half hour, I have a very soft movement and next liquid. Once that has passed I have nothing until the next morning.I am wondering what things I should be looking at in my diet. Is the last movement of liquid I have caused by my last meal and what I eat? Should I therefore be looking at any carbs I eat at supper, or the glass of red wine I have later in the evening (not every evening)?thanks for any help you might offer.

G

·
Difficult to say if it is food related or not. The colon gets more active after you get up in the morning and after you eat, so you could be over-responding to the signals.Caffiene in the morning or other stimulants may increase this. Foods that cause diarrhea tend to not be all carbs (except for those that respond badly to gas with an over active colon sort of thing).Sorbitol can cause diarrhea, caffiene and alcohol can do that, but if it doesn't change if you don't drink the red wine for a few days, then it may not be the issue.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.