Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I feel really happy that I found this support group!Well my battle with IBS-D is distroying my personal life. It is very difficult to ask girls out because I'm always being confronted with my IBS-D, so when I don't ask them out they think I'm not interested. Compounding my problem: I'm always late to everything because I have to go to the restroom before I go anywhere.I need help!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hey!!Glad to have you on here!! I know its difficult, but its probably best to be honest...Us girls are very understanding, and personally I think that if you open up to any girl you are seeing and tell them, they will feel positive about your relationship, that you are honest enough to tell her. Good luck Darlin!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have the same problem with friends. My husband knows and understands (mostly) my sufferings but most people I meet I am concerned about going out with them for fear they'll wonder why I stop at the BR so much on my bad days. Also, I don't like going over to their house and having to use their BR.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frienship! that is definitely another big issue for me. I'm always being invited to go places and I'm always declining. The hard part is coming up with an excuse. For instance, their is no way I can go on long road trip like Vegas or any other road trip that my friends invite me to.What are things that I can do to prepare for a long road trip?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I suppose I am lucky in a sense that I have got a boyfreind who suffered from severe Colitus when he was younger and has IBS now. I find the best way to deal with it is not to make it a big deal. It has become a joke topic in our house. The more light hearted view of it makes it easier to deal with
I hope you fine luck in finding a partner who will accept you for who you are

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.