Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a nanny with a family who knows a good amount of my ibs issues. However they do not know certain symptoms like the daily incontinence and severe nausea. Sometimes i need to take off once in a blue moon bc of these plus the depression that goes with it. I dont want to tell them exactly why but feel i get the "its just ibs can you come in for a while?" Response or can you come just relax here and watch the kids. I just feel it comes across as no big deal, they get upset, and then I obviously feel guilty. There is really no HR department (besides them) so its hard to separate the two. Justtt feeel down. Wish everyone without ibs understood just how bad it takes over your life.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I feel your pain, after 6 years it's only now my family are starting to look into this and attempting to understand why a lot of the time I have to cancel social occasions, experience social anxiety.

It is frustrating when people don't understand, because they can't unless they've been through it themselves.

I know you posted this a few months ago now but I hope things have got better for you.

I know it's not really advice but wanted to say you're not alone in feeling this way. x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.