Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I USED MY WIFES NAME AS MY USER NAME BUT I AM A MAN. MY WIFE WANTS A THIRD CHILD AND IT REALLY SCARES ME BECAUSE I ALREADY FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT WITH TWO KIDS AND MY IBS, BUT SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND. JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE OR IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVISE.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Well Mr. Ciara - the decision to have another child is major. I don't think there's any compromise on that - you either have one or you don't. Is it just the IBS that's keeping you from not wanting one? Or are their other issues here? My husband and I had only 1 child and made a decision not to have another and we're both glad. There was not the slightest bit of indecision on either part.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Having kids can be very stressful and I don't feel you should have more unless you both agree. I have two children and can't imagine having more since one of mine has been very challenging to raise. In my opinion, your wife should respect your wish to only have two.------------------C-Type IBS (slow motility)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for your comments, I wish my wife saw it that way.I think I could handle it but with IBS it becomes very difficult. Going somewhere myself is challenging enough but having to go to the bathroom in a shopping mall with 3 kids would be very interesting indeed.Has anyone any particular comments on how difficult they find it with kids and IBS?

·
Registered
732 Posts
I am not sure what to tell you. We stopped with 2 kids because my wife was so sick during the second pregnancy I could not put her through that again.I've got 2 sons and had IBS longer than I've had them or even before it was called IBS.But really, the IBS to me was a part of my life. If you want kids have them, if not don't. they are too important.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Mr. Ciara! I have 2 kids. I developed ibs after my second child was born. It has been difficult these past 10 years having ibs but the joy and love that these kids have to bring into my life have outwieghed the bad ones by far. I tried for 3 years to have another baby but it never happened. I am thankful for what I do have. I do agree with the ones above that this needs to be a joint decision and only you two can decide this for yourself. I am 42 (almost 43) and my hubby is 51. I think that I am too old now!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr. Ciara, I began having IBS while I was at the end of my 2nd pregnancy. It was very hard to be an at home Mom and have IBS. So I went to a Gastroinderologist(sp) and he put me on Levsin. My life has been SOOOOOO much better since then. It is a joint decision for baby #3. Have you told your wife how you feel? Maybe you need to let her know that when you are out she will have to be in charge of the kids IF you have a problem and need to get to a restroom. I plan to have more children as long as I can control my IBS while I'm pregnant. If I can not than I may adopt. But, that has to be a family decisionRandi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.