Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into the doctor about 3 months ago because every time I would touch my nipple a clear fluid would come out. He gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way. The antibiotics never worked and now it's becoming painful. The only thing is, is that there is no longer as much fluid comming out. The doctor keeps telling me that there is nothing more he can do if the antibiotic are'nt working. I'm not sure what to do cause it hurts soo bad... any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Go back to the dr or see another one who will take you seriously, especially since things have gotten worse. You may need a stronger antibiotic or another form of treatment. Did the doctor examine your nipple? I am wondering if there could be a cyst or something else that would need a more localized treatment. Please do make sure you get this looked at by someone who is attentive to your problem. I don't want to scare you too much, but there's a slight chance this could be related to something serious. It's probably just an infection that didn't get taken care of with the first round of antibiotics.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Could you be pregnant? Did you recently nurse an infant? Clear discharge doesn't always mean an infection. I agree with Luna, you really need this addressed if the answers to my above questions are no.

G

·
you need to see another doctor immediately - usually when there is discharge they check for cysts or tumors etc - Luna is right - its a sign that somehting serious could be wrong. i'm really surprised he's not looking for anything. especially since the antibiotic didn't work. I would get rid of this doc pronto.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!! I ended up going to see anouther doctor about this and It was an infection so he put me on antibiotics. I thought I was pregnant cause I took 3 home tests at 3 diff times of the day and 3 diff days and all 3 turned out positive... when I went to the doc. today after testing the third time this morn and did anouther test and it came out negative.. whats up with that.?? are home p tests accurate or should I trust the doc? or maybe I just peed out all the hormone before I took the test at the docs... any suggestions?

·
Registered
180 Posts
From what i've been told a pregnacy test can only be wrong when it is negative. your body only makes the hormone that makes a test positive when your pregnant. Early in your pregnancy you have the most hormone in the morning because it is the first time you pee and the homorne has built up overnight. So sometimes if you have gone pee a few times already then take the test there will not be enough hormone to make the test positive when you are first pregnant. did you tell your doc that you had more than one positive pregnancy test at home? when i was pregant with my son i took two at home tests and one was negitive and one was positive, the positive one was right

·
Registered
927 Posts
3 home pregnancy tests would prove you are pregnant. One positive home pregnancy could. It can be a false negative but not a false positive since the pregnancy tests pick up on the pregnancy hormone, which would never be in your body unless you were pregnant. I would definitely talk to your doctor about this. Maybe you are no longer pregnant and thats why the test came back negative but you need to now for sure. If you are pregnant you need to go on vitamins and get checked out by a doctor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS I did tell the doc about the test being positive and he said to wait about anouther week and do anouther test. He told me that their are such things as false positives... but that does'nt make to much sense to me. The antibiotics that I am taking are safe... not sure if I can take anything for my stomach though.. i've been really sick with vomiting and diareah every morn for the last few days. i'm really excited to be pregnant and so is my husband but I guess I should'nt get my hopes up just in case... thanks for answering!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
My breast also leaked and I thought I was pregnant. Come to find out after doing my own searching that it was from taking a medication called reglan. It's a pill for your tummy but, it also raises your prolactin level which causes your breast to leak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.