Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am very new to this website. I decided to join because I feel pretty alone in dealing with IBS-C and get major anxiety when I get a flare up. I am currently taking Linzess 290 mcg which has definitely helped me with my constipation. But, it seems as though once a month I get a major flare up where my digestion seems to come to a complete slow down. I get loud digestive noises, never get a hungry feeling, and I constantly get this kinky and bloated feeling only in my left side (just under my stomach). When I get a BM, it comes out small and looks as though it has been squeezed through a bottle neck in my intestines. I do take Bentyl, but it doesn't seem to help as much anymore. I also tend to get a pretty low BP and vasodilation from time to time when this occurs. I'm not sure if my flare ups are linked to consuming certain products or hormonal changes throughout the month (or stress). I was wondering if anyone else suffered these types of symptoms?

· Registered
62 Posts
Hrm I am generally constipated and then seem to have a flare-up once a month prior to menstruation. Recently, I have had a flare-up due to (most likely) eating something that doesn't agree with me.

What you are describing kind of sounds like inflammation. Have you been diagnosed with any kind of bowel inflammation?

· Registered
12 Posts
I have that left side kink feeling during flare ups. The snake like, bottleneck BM too. I don't know "why" it happens..I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. This is a common experience for me during a flare.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.